Monday, January 23, 2012

day 23


Muesli as metaphor: Watched that new 'highly anticipated comedy' New Girl with Zooey Deschanel last night. I like her and her sister and Bones is definitely a guilty pleasure at ours. But seriously people this was awkwardly un-good. And maybe i'm a cranky old feminist but something was a bit off and I don't just mean the timing. Sure, all the ingredients were there, and it ostensibly was what it said it would be on the packet. But do I want to watch it again. ah no. Just like this muesli. Today is round two and while it improved somewhat with the addition of dried cranberries, IT STILL tastes like a cross between horse feed and cardboard packaging. So it will be straight into the biscuit making barrel for you my inappropriately named friend. And no more New Girl.
MENU: REAL GOOD FOOD muesli, poached white nectarines, dried cranberries, honey yoghurt, soy milk

2 comments:

  1. go back to the Brookfarm
    you might need to mortgage your firstborn but at least it's yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes back to the Brookfarm I go. That and trying to make my own bloody granola... it can't be that hard - hippies do it!

    ReplyDelete