Monday, January 2, 2012

day 1



Last year I decided to post a photo of every breakfast I ate on facebag to record of what was going to be a year full of changes. I started off excited and ravenous, pregnant with boy number two and dedicated to new and exciting offerings each day. Although that novelty soon wore off, I remained committed (much to everyone's surprise) to recording both the delicious and the dodgy. And I discovered a few things along the way: I seem to be addicted to avocados,  muffins really are just cakes no matter how much you try convince yourself they're not, one crappy morning coffee makes my entire family suffer and no amount of Philly makes up for a flattened and incinerated bagel. Oh and i'm still searching for the perfect granola recipe.
So here we are again recording the first meal of the day, much to the amusement of my nearest and dearest. Only this time i'm actually trying to look beyond the bagel and find me some new favorites and familiar fall backs. And the perfect granola.

MENU: the last of Miss Pen Pen's Xmas Chaff, fresh blueberries and vanilla yoghurt. Big assed cup of coffee and a couple of apricots off the tree. Not a bad start to the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment